A thoroughly Englishman named Jamie on the end of of the phone, 07897 246 779, who will ask many & varied questions, but tell you no lies, as regards leadtimes or price.
The vast majority of our Flanged heaters are Made in England. Thus, they can be turned around in 2-3 weeks.
If you are in Dire Straits, you can jump the queue, and get Flanged heaters within a week, but you will have to pay what we affectionally call the “DISTRESS” price*, which is roughly a 50% premium. Needs must when the Devil drives.
ATEX will be a 2-3 months from payment received. Try as I might to improve this leadtime, nobody in the UK does ATEX (to my knowledge, tho I would love to be proven wrong), so we are reliant upon our Continental Cousins.
Our ranges are available in various physical sizes and power ratings to suit all applications:
- Bespoke to suit your specific requirements.
- 1kw to 2000kw power rating.
- 240 or 415 volts with other voltages available for equipment destined for other countries.
- Various flange size and material to suit application,
- ‘Stood off‘ terminal enclosures available for high temperature applications.
- Available with thermostats and/or safety cut-outs,
- Incoloy 800 or stainless steel sheathed elements,
- Available with a range of IP rated terminal enclosure to suit.
- Flameproof and explosion-Proof ATEX certified Exd constructions available on request.
Call Jamie on 07897 246779 to discuss your Flanged and ATEX Immersion Heaters needs. There is no substitiute for a telephone conversation, perhaps supplemented with a photograph or drawings, to email@example.com
Useful Flanged and ATEX Immersion Heaters Information.
What is ATEX?
ATEX is the name commonly given to the two European Directives for controlling explosive atmospheres:
1) Directive 99/92/EC (also known as ‘ATEX 137’ or the ‘ATEX Workplace Directive’) on minimum requirements for improving the health and safety protection of workers potentially at risk from explosive atmospheres. The text of the Directive and the supporting EU produced guidelines are available on the EU-website. For more information on how the requirements of the Directive have been put into effect in Great Britain see the information in the section Explosive atmospheres in the workplace below.
2) Directive 2014/34/EU (also known as ‘ATEX 114’ or ‘the ATEX Equipment Directive’) on the approximation of the laws of Members States concerning equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. The text of the Directive and EU produced supporting guidelines are available on the EU website. For more information on how the requirements of the Directive have been put into effect in Great Britain see the section on Equipment and protective systems intended for use in explosive atmospheres.
What is a Flanged Immersion Heater?
If you only need up to 24kW on 3 elements, you do it the frugal way with a screwed immersion heater.
If you need more power, you will need more elements. That requires a bigger fixing plate and a bigger hole, Matron.
*Previously known as the “OH SHIT!” price, we shall see how polite I can be moving forwards.