I have been saying the same to folks for 10+ years now, Breweries really are my favourite customers. Thus our BI Range of Brewery Immersion Heaters are designed specifically with your cleaning needs and sanity in mind. When you are a satisfied customer, please send me a creative foto of you, your brewery & our heater, to add to the Satisfied Brewers page, cos Alex is getting lonely. And if you do me a review* as well, you’ll get discounts, free delivery & cuddly toys for life.
Brewery Immersion Heaters Key Features.
- Above all, 3 well spaced elements which are only U bent, to allow good access for cleaning, see images.
- Thus available as 3kW, 6kW, 9kW, 12kW, 18kW, see below for specifics.
- Coupled with a terminal box 120mm deep, 120x100mm oval.
- ABS IP65 terminal enclosure furthermore rotateable through 360 degrees.
- 415v 4 wire star busbarred by default. (Can be 240v Single Phase if required)
- 2.25″ BSP Brass Screwplug
- 10mm diameter Incoloy 800 elements
- complete with 18″ thermowell
- Italian manufactured (Though it may not be soon, see final bullet point. We are developing a more BUY BRITISH mentality, along with many other folks, it seems.)
- Busbar can be reconfigured to DELTA, 4 WIRE STAR or SERIES for different power outputs. For example an 18kW 69w/in² heater in DELTA would become a 6kW 23w/in² heater in 4 WIRE STARw/in². Or even a 666w heater at 2.5w/in² if configured in SERIES.
- Plans are afoot to refresh and improve this range of heaters. We have ideas. But I’d like to hear yours. And please remember, there is no idea too outlandish or daft. If you want something different, you gotta do something different. To keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity. Einstien may or may not have said that, but it’s definitely true. Please call Jamie on 07897 246 779. And let’s do things different. And better. By collaborating and finding Win- Wins.
Stock Brewery Heater Images.
Ring Jamie on 07897 246779 to discuss your needs. Having spoken to dozens of brewers, through the feast times and the famine, we have learned that everybody’s applications and needs are different. Some aspects of the process are common, such as the need to get water from one part of your process at 70ºC, up to the boil as quickly as possible. This demand for kW of power is usually balanced with a maximum immersed length of about 1m. The more element we can squeeze into the available space, the more we are able to reduce the watt density of the elements, and the less “stuff” sticks. Have a look at our Blog entry, in which I have tried to explain the importance of watt density and furthermore its relevance when choosing and using a brewery immersion heater.
Possibly Interesting Aside
Due to the kindness of Alex from the Green Duck Brewery in Sunny Stourbridge…
…I have some small insight into the end of the Brew Day joys of pulling on the wellies & gloves, climbing into the tank and performing the ritual that I think Al & Nathan referred to as “Winking the Elephant” or similar. For me, it was a novelty. For you chaps, I can only guess how much you hate it. Therefore my goal is to Collaborate with you chaps to make this bad bit better. Talk to me, share your ideas, no matter how mad they may seem. Brew in a Bag is one idea I know works on a small scale. If we want something different, we gotta think different. Outta the box thinking. Outta the tank thinking. Removeable Heaters are great, but also rather expensive, and due to our illustrious leaders rinsing you chaps for obscene amounts of tax revenue, I know most of you are not rich folks.
If you are brave enough to want to gaze further into my head, here is a blogpost/ramble on this Holy Grail of easy clean brewery heaters. Some great pictures on there of Niall at Third Barrel Brewing in the Emerald Isles “easy clean toilet pipe” idea. Further detail on my Collaborative aspirations are to be found here. You could get a coffee, scroll down to the bottom of a page, and sit back and watch the Testimonials float by. You could click here and view the many Testimonialsat your leaisure. They seem to describe rather well how I work with folks. Keep an eye out for the “first ferry for France” one, it’s a Jaffa. Or you could just call me on 07897 246 779 and find out for yourself what a nice bloke I am.
Useful Brewery Heater Background information.
Industrial Heating elements are a resistance coil wire (producing heat), this is then encased in magnesium oxide (the white powder, compacted by rolling down from 10mm to 8mm, for protection of wire & insulation purposes, bizarrely), further encased in a usually stainless steel tube. Ours are Incoloy 800 elements.
For more detailed written explanation, click here. For a video explanation by some bloke with a really boring voice, click video above.
Just for clarification, an Immersion Heater (see below) is 3 such elements (as image above) on a screwplug with a terminal box housing the connections. Due to the fact that we all speak different!
If you decide you prefer to go Over the Side of the vessel, have a look at our Vat Heaters Range.
Less of a bribe, more of a promise. I need customer trust to sell online, the only way to do that is via reviews.
Click below to leave a G##gle Review –
Click below to leave a Trustpilot Review – (Click on the 5th star, then type nice things, & don’t forget, ‘handsome ‘ has a D in it!)